IECA conferences are held twice a year, during the fall and spring, in communities throughout the United States and are open to member and non-member independent educational consultants (IECs). In addition to up to 500 IECs, school, college, and program admission leaders also attend our conferences. Together, all attendees participate in educational sessions, fairs, and networking events. IECA also coordinates campus tours for IECA members prior to and following the conferences.
IECA’S SPRING INTO SUMMER CONFERENCE
Connecticut • July 15–17, 2020
Mohegan Sun Resort, Uncasville, CT
Only registered participants may reserve rooms in IECA’s room block; reservation information will be shared in the confirmation email you will receive after you register for the conference.
To register, click on the yellow “Registration” icon below.
UPDATE: IECA Conference and the Coronavirus
- Our Spring Conference has been postponed an additional 8 weeks, from May to July 15–17 with the same location and schedule, at the Mohegan Sun Resort in Connecticut.
- All campus tours scheduled prior to and following the conference have been rescheduled for the new July dates.
- All registrants have had their registration and hotel bookings forwarded to the new dates (some campus tour hotels will need to be rebooked—you will be contacted).
- We have eliminated all late fees for our conference in Connecticut. We understand that you may feel more comfortable waiting until closer to the event to sign up for our events in July.
- If you are unable to attend the Connecticut event on the new dates, you will be given the opportunity in several weeks to cancel and IECA will provide a full credit for 100% of fees paid, automatically provided within our registration system that will be tied to you for use for a future conference, towards membership dues, or another IECA event. Your willingness to use a credit allows IECA to keep cash flow from becoming an extreme hardship.
- In several weeks, schools, colleges, programs and IEC firms will be given the opportunity to substitute a different attendee from their institution. We will waive all change fees.
- Those who wish to take another option, rather than the 100% credit noted in #7 above, will be given the chance to request either a cash/credit refund (which may take up to 4 weeks, subject to the administrative charges noted below) or may choose to support the Association by donating the payment made to IECA to assure continuity of operations.
- We have updated all cancellation fees, eliminating 50% or 100% retentions for all cancellations that occur beyond 5 days of these events. IECA will only retain (for refunds) an amount equal to or less than our direct administrative cost charged by our online system and credit card processor. This will be $35 for the CT conference. You can feel good about registering, knowing you will be treated fairly.
- If we are forced to cancel these events due to health advisories we will do so, and issue full credits or full refunds to all registrants automatically.
- Please know that IECA is continuing to operate in all departments: membership benefits and outreach, education and training (including online learning), communications (including 5 Minute News and Insights), business support, conference and tour planning, and much more. Those looking for opportunities for advertising and sponsorships should contact Jean Lockwood.