There are many organizations professionals can join, but none provide the rewards, support, and commitment that have distinguished the Independent Educational Consultants Association for over 40 years.
- With nearly 1.4 million hits annually, our website draws over 60,000 unique visitors each month resulting in over 34,000 searches of our membership database.
- IECA’s national office handles parent requests for referrals in real time and our print directory, updated annually, can be found in most private schools, college admission offices, and is mailed to parents and professionals promptly.
- Members report an increasing number of referrals of full paying clients from these sources and members can customize their descriptions in our online database.
Education, Training & Networking
- IECA sponsors dozens of college tours annually to over 40 campuses in all parts of the country and have arranged special receptions and events with college presidents and admission deans to improve communication and enhance the relationship between members and colleges. Tours are also coordinated to schools and programs.
- Members receive a $200 discount at one of our widely respected four-day Summer Training Institutes.
- Members can attend IECA’s fall or spring conferences at $125 less than non-members. IECA conferences features 80 breakout and discussion sessions, hundreds of schools and colleges participating in our consultant fairs, and nationally respected keynoters.
IECA’s National Office and Professional Staff
Our 12-person national office staff serve member needs in ways ranging from providing professionally designed marketing brochures and sample business forms to media support and client advice. We work full-time at media outreach and serve as the public face of educational consulting to the media, schools, colleges, and other professionals.
With our lobbyists and Government Relations Committee, we are the only organization advocating directly for the best options for independent educational consultants.
- Receive liability insurance, become a credit card vendor, gain discounts on everything from shipping to car rentals, are all part of helping you to succeed as a small businessperson.
- IECA members enjoy a number of unequaled benefits from educational publishers including:
-CADS Hyper-Handbook from Wintergreen Orchard House for $59 (regularly $199)
-Discount on the StudentAid.com College Cost & Planning Report™; the cost to IECA members or their clients to use StudentAid.com’s online service starts at only $44.
- A monthly update of all college campus tours to which consultants are invited to participate, and a quarterly Information Service Bulletin with college contacts, admission staff updates, and more.
- Assistance and support of the nation’s most widely respected and successful educational consultants through our mentoring program, our Member Network, initiatives of our Outreach Committee, and special reports in our award-winning, quarterly Insights journal.
More information on IECA Membership Value.