There are many organizations professionals can join, but none provide the rewards, support, and commitment that have distinguished the Independent Educational Consultants Association for 40 years.
- With 3.8 million hits annually, our website draws nearly 28,000 unique visitors each month resulting in over 13,000 searches of our membership database.
- IECA’s national office handles parent requests for referrals in real time and our print directory, updated annually, can be found in most private schools, college admission offices, and is mailed to parents and professionals promptly.
- Members report an increasing number of referrals of full paying clients from these sources.
Education, Training & Networking
- IECA sponsors three to four college tours annually in all parts of the country and have arranged special receptions and events with college presidents and admission directors to improve communication and enhance the relationship between members and colleges.
- Members receive a $200 discount at one of our widely respected four-day Summer Training Institutes.
- Members can attend IECA’s fall or spring conferences at $125 less than non-members, and have the opportunity to attend additional days at each. IECA conferences features 20 to 30 college-oriented breakout sessions, over 100 colleges participating in our consultant college fairs, and nationally respected keynoters. In recent years these have included, Donna Shalala (University of Miami), William Fitzsimmons (Harvard College), Robert Sternberg (Yale University), Mel Levine (LD Expert), Linda Ellerbee (PBS), among others.
- IECA members attending NACAC are invited to an annual networking lunch with hundreds of college admission representatives.
IECA’s National Office and Professional Staff
Our full-time national office staff serves member needs in ways ranging from providing professionally designed marketing brochures and sample business forms to media support and client advice. We work full-time at media outreach, and serve as the public face of educational consulting to the media, colleges, and other professionals.
- Receive liability insurance, become a credit card vendor, gain discounts on everything from shipping to car rentals, are all part of helping you to succeed as a small businessperson.
- IECA members enjoy a number of unequaled benefits from educational publishers including:
-CADS Hyper-Handbook from Wintergreen Orchard House for $59 (regularly $199)
-Discount on the StudentAid.com College Cost & Planning Report™; the cost to IECA members or their clients to use StudentAid.com’s online service starts at only $44.
- A monthly update of all college campus tours to which consultants are invited to participate, and a quarterly Information Service Bulletin with college contacts, admission staff updates, and more.
- Assistance and support of the nation’s most widely respected and successful educational consultants through our mentoring program, our TalkList, initiatives of our Outreach Committee, and special reports in our award-winning, bi-monthly newsletter.
More information on IECA Membership Value.