IECA provides the opportunity to present a session at our conferences.
IECA offers a series of conferences, workshops, and meetings in various parts of the country throughout the year. Two national conferences are scheduled each year, typically in May and November. The programs, which attract more than a thousand participants, span several days and include sessions designed for independent educational consultants, admissions and administrative representatives, and other educational professionals from schools, colleges, and programs.
A committee of members reviews all proposals and makes its decisions based on experience of the presenter(s), timeliness and relevance of the topic, general quality of the proposal, usefulness of information, and potential to attract and engage conference attendees. In seeking to maintain an overall balance of topics, it is inevitable that the committee will be unable to accept, or may defer, some excellent proposals. Proposals that promote individual programs, institutions, or commercial materials are considered inappropriate.
To submit a proposal to present at our San Diego conference, click on the link below.
Connecticut • May 13–15, 2020
San Diego, CA • November 16–18, 2020
Detroit, MI • Mary 3–5, 2021
Proposal Submission Information
You can submit up to two session proposals per conference. Instructions on how to submit multiple proposals are listed on the proposal site.
Proposals that are geared to our knowledgeable, highly educated, and experienced audience; present new information on various points of view; experienced presenter(s); timeliness and relevance of the topic; usefulness of information; and potential to attract and engage conference attendees. Proposals that seem designed to promote a particular program, school, or product, will not be accepted.
We look for a wide range of session topics that will be valuable to various groups of attendees, including:
- Current issues in admissions and campus life (access, affordability, testing, etc.)
- Consulting, counseling, and admission staff skills
- Topics related to adolescent issues: learning, emotional and behavioral difficulties
- Independent Educational Consultant business and professional information
- Knowledge-based topics for those working in school, college, and therapeutic environments
- Sessions that enhance knowledge and understanding of admission, marketing, and business solutions
- Sessions that are offered at a wide range of knowledge and skill levels (basic, intermediate, and/or advanced)
- Unique issue related to California colleges and universities.
IECA will give priority to sessions using presenters from more than one institution or program, as diverse points of view are preferred. This includes sessions that feature presenters from multiple schools, or feature an IEC along with an admission representative or service. An ideal number of presenters is 3-4 on a panel. Sessions from IECA’s Fall Conference in Atlanta can be downloaded here, and may provide you with a sense of accepted sessions.
For more information, contact Valerie Vasquez-Guzman, IECA’s Manager of Education Programs at 703-591-4850 ext. 6977